With the increasing popularity of TikTok reels, Instagram has also jumped into the same bandwagon. With over 2 billion Instagram users, it is amongst the most-used social media platform for individuals and businesses.
Since the platform has introduced Instagram reels, there are numerous features that they bring in to make it interesting for the users. While watching Insta reels, we must have seen reels with interesting texts added to the short videos.
Sometimes, the same reels have multiple texts added to provide more information about the story. However, not everyone knows how to add text to Instagram reels, and if you can, time the text to reels. It may seem challenging at first, but once you get your hands on it, you will certainly enjoy the entire process. And we promise you there is no turning back!
So, how to add text in reels? Here we will discuss the methods to add text to your Instagram reels.
Before moving on to the process, you must know that you can add text to reels by directly using Instagram or a third-app party, such as Lift: Story Maker. It will help you create unique Instagram reels while allowing you to edit them according to your preferences.
Instagram Reels—What are They?
Instagram reels are vertical videos of up to ninety seconds. The duration may exceed if you record them through the app or upload a pre-shot video. The reels feature unique tools and an extensive library of audio tracks–from trending music to snippets from other Instagram users.
Moreover, Instagram reels can include multiple filters and video clips. Interactive backgrounds, captions, stickers, and more make the content interesting for the creators and viewers. Many people confuse Insta stories with Insta reels. However, the two are different. Unlike Insta stories, reels do not disappear after one day. Once you post an Insta reel, it is available on Instagram until the user deletes it.
One in three Instagram users engages in the burgeoning video feature. With such numbers, it becomes understandable why reels have become a significant part of Instagram. Moreover, with new features every day, people are keener to learn more about the app. Furthermore, users have now cracked how to add words to Instagram reels, making the entire reel-making process enjoyable.
Why Instagram Reels Matter For Businesses?
Once you know how Insta Reels work, let us focus on why Instagram reels have become so popular. Although the platform came into existence in 2010, it gained immense recognition worldwide. The reasons behind its fame were its new features introduced in the social media world and the ROI businesses gained through connecting with users directly.
As a highly-engaging social media platform, businesses gained the audience’s attention and increased their fan base. So what do Insta Reels do for companies? Here are the two significant benefits of Instagram reels for businesses.
The main benefit of using Instagram reels is to create brand awareness. Since reels can quickly reach a broader audience, their visibility is increasing, thus making it easier for brands to reach a larger audience. Moreover, once the user swipes up, he moves to another reel. Like the other platforms, Instagram algorithms also understand the users’ likings and bring similar reels for them.
Also, with the text feature, it has become easier to narrate your story or grab the user’s attention quickly. Businesses have learned how to add text to reels on Instagram, which helps them engage their audiences better.
Clothing Brand Weekday collaborated with Meta for brand awareness using Instagram reels. The results measured by this campaign revealed the importance of Instagram reels for businesses.
Show Off Your Relatability
Instagram reels allow users to display their creativity. They enable businesses to create engaging stories that are relatable to the viewers. Let us look at an example for better understanding. Barclays Bank, founded in 1690 in London, has evolved with the changing trends.
Barclays has started using Instagram reels to offer helpful tips to users on budgeting, cost-cutting, managing their expenses, and avoiding financial scams. Moreover, by making them relatable to their users, they use Insta reels to break down challenging topics, such as Savings Plans, Mortgages, Interest Rates, and more.
Using text in reels has also helped them deliver their viewpoint to their audience. So, how to add text in Instagram reels?
Before we move on to different ways of adding text on Instagram reels, let us first look at:
Why Is Adding Text To Instagram Reels A Superpower?
While we live in an era with different content, grabbing users’ attention and creating meaningful engagement has become challenging. Therefore, Insta reels serve the purpose of gaining attention while building customer engagement.
So, to keep your audience engaged with your brand, you must learn how to add text to Instagram reels.
The text-adding feature allows users to add context to the video. It is more like conversing with your viewers and informing them more about the video, letting them know how you feel about a particular place, subject, or brand.
Businesses must learn how to add text to reels because it enables them to connect with their audience and grab their attention.
How to add text in Instagram reels depends on various things, including your goals and device. Adding text to Insta reels has numerous benefits. Some of them are as follows:
- People who watch videos on mute can still understand the video.
- Adding text tells a different story that music or movement cannot.
- It gives context to what is happening in the video.
However, you must know the process and ways to fix it when Insta reels are not working. Keep reading if you want to learn how to add words to reels.
How To Put Words On Instagram Reels?
Continue reading if you want to know how to add text to reels. The process may seem challenging at first, but you will surely enjoy it once you begin.Here is how to put words on reels effortlessly:
- At the top left corner, click +.
- Go to the menu to select reels.
- Add a video from your phone gallery or record a new one > click Add.
- In the next editing screen, where you can add text by clicking the Aa button on the top right corner.
- Start typing once you see the blinking line. You can even change font styles with the option given above.
- You can change the color of the text by clicking on the palette and its placement by dragging it. Moreover, you can enlarge the text or shrink it using your fingers.
- Click Next, and voila! You have added text to your Insta reels.
How To Add Multiple Text To Instagram Reels?
While exploring Instagram reels, many people often wonder if they can add multiple texts at different times. Well, the answer is Yes! It is an excellent way to make your videos more engaging because it shapes your content to create an impactful video.
Although adding multiple texts to your Instagram reel can be tricky, here we are to help you learn how to add multiple texts to Instagram reels.
To add multiple texts to an Instagram Reel, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and navigate to the Reels tab.
- Tap the + button to create a new Reel.
- Record or upload a video to use for your Reel.
- Tap the Aa button to add text to your Reel.
- Type in the first line of text you want to add and adjust the font style, color, and size as desired.
- Tap the checkmark to add the text to your Reel.
- Tap the Aa button again to add another line of text, and repeat the previous steps until you have added all of the text you want.
- Drag and drop the text to reposition it on the screen, and use pinch and zoom gestures to adjust the size of the text.
- Continue editing your Reel as desired, and when you are ready to publish, tap the Share button.
Note that you can also add multiple texts to your Reel by creating each line of text as a separate image or video clip and then using Instagram's video editing tools to combine them into a single Reel.
How Can You Add Disappearing Text On Instagram Reels?
With the add-text feature, Instagram has introduced multiple other ways to make the reels enjoyable. Disappearing text is another way to make your reels engaging.
If you are wondering how to make text disappear on reels, follow the steps given below:
- To make text appear and disappear on Instagram reels, you can use the text tool available in the Instagram Reels editor. Here are the steps to add disappearing text to your Instagram reel:
- Open the Instagram app and select Reels from the bottom menu.
- Create or upload a video that you want to add text to.
- Tap the Aa icon on the left side of the screen. This will open the text editor.
- Type the text you want to add to your video. You can change the font, size, and color of the text using the options at the top of the screen.
- Once you've entered your text, tap the Align button to adjust the position of the text on the screen.
- To make the text disappear, tap the Duration button and choose how long you want the text to stay on the screen. You can choose from several options, including 1 second and 3 seconds.
- If you want the text to appear again later in the video, you can add a new text box and repeat the process. When you're finished adding text to your Instagram reel, tap the checkmark to save your changes and post your video.
That's it! By using the duration option, you can make the text appear and disappear in your Instagram reels.
The Bottom Line
Instagram reels have gained immense popularity because of the benefits it offers users. With numerous built-in features, Instagram reels have made connecting with the audience simple. The most straightforward way users employ is by adding text to their Insta reels.
It makes the videos exciting and informs the viewers of what is happening. Whether a brand story or a recipe, Insta reels have hooked the audience with their appeal!
Download Lift Story Maker to edit your Insta reels now!