Creativity, aesthetic: that’s how Instagram started. The photobook-like feeds helped everyone’s creativity flourish on the social media platform. As it rose to be the fifth most visited website globally, creators and enthusiasts jumped on board and started writing an aesthetic bio for Instagram to stand out.
There are lots of different ways to make an aesthetic IG bio: adding emojis, personal hashtags, crafting witty descriptions, and lots more.
We put together creative Instagram bio ideas you can try, along with a step-by-step guide on how to make one yourself and other tips to create a bio that will elevate your Instagram profile.
Try Lift.Bio to make a beautiful and powerful Instagram bio that links your followers to all your digital platforms.Instead of linking each platform in your Instagram bio (Which is impossible if you have more than one link), design your landing page with Lift.Bio and put all your social links in one place!
Here's a quick look at the topics we'll cover:
- What Is an Aesthetic Instagram Bio?
- How To Make An Aesthetic Instagram Bio?
- Short Aesthetic Instagram Bios
- Other Tips on Making an Aesthetic Instagram Bio
What Is an Aesthetic Instagram Bio?
Instagram bios are short descriptions at the top of a user profile. Some define Instagram bios as everything on your profile card visible to all your visitors, such as your user name, the bio text, and your chosen link to display. However, Instagram bios mostly refer to just the text you can edit in your Edit Profile section.
Some people create an Instagram bio with straightforward descriptions of their accounts, and that’s okay. But audiences are more inclined to take notice of a more aesthetic IG bio. These bios are more artfully customized, pleasing to the eyes, and more memorable.
Your bio is one of the things that your profile visitors will first see. Creating an impactful and aesthetic Instagram bio will help you communicate your brand message or attract followers.
Aside from making your bio text neat and well-spaced, here are some ways to customize your bio to make it more aesthetically pleasing:
- Changing fonts
- Adding appropriate emojis
- Adding ASCII code/symbols
Remember that your Instagram bio should work with your other profile elements to establish your identity to people who visit your profile for the first time. Some of these elements include your username, display name, display picture, as well as your Highlights Stories and overall feed theme.
How To Make An Aesthetic Instagram Bio?
Creating an aesthetically pleasing Instagram bio is crucial to building your online identity and personality on the platform.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to make an aesthetic Instagram bio that effectively communicates your brand’s message:
1. Define Your Brand
Defining your brand is the first step in making your Instagram bio more aesthetic. This is where you will base how you do the next steps. Take down notes about your niche, target audience, and your brand’s voice and tone. List down all the keywords that define your brand as well.
This way, you can create a bio that will immediately give your target audience what they need to know. This will also help you create an aesthetic IG bio that aligns with your brand's values.
Here’s an example of a brand defining what they offer to their audience
2. Craft Your Words
Draft your aesthetic IG bio text and choose words that compliment your brand style and tone. You can include simple introductions, a witty sentence, or your brand quote.
Make sure that you convey your message in as few words as you can. We also recommend you stick to a simpler language that your audience can easily get and relate to.
Here’s an example of a creator that uses an Instagram bio to effectively identify themselves using only a few words.
3. Customize Your Text
After writing your draft, you can look for ways to customize it depending on the brand tone and personality you have set. You can add different emojis and symbols to make your Instagram bio aesthetic. You can also adapt a different font style for your text.
On mobile, you can install keyboards with different font styles you can use for your bio. You can also rely on font style changer tools online that are very easy to use. You just type your text on their website, and they will display different font style options. You can easily use this for an aesthetic bio for Instagram; copy and paste the text from the website to your profile to proceed.
Here’s an example of an Instagram bio customized with a brand-appropriate font style.
Note that some font styles may be processed differently across different devices. This means that your font style would look different on mobile and desktop, depending on the font style you used. It’s better to check how your text would look by saving your created IG bio aesthetic and checking out your profile on different devices.
4. Add Call-to-Action Text
If you’re a creator with different affiliations to promote, adding a call-to-action in your aesthetic Instagram bio is very crucial for your brand. Some creators do this by ending their bio text with a CTA telling their audience to click on the link below.
CTAs provide more context on the chosen link you include in your profile. However, they take up the space on your 150-character bio text limit.
Here’s an example Instagram creator with a CTA on their bio
5. Finalize Your Design
Make sure to review your bio after finishing your customization. This way, you can check if it fits your overall profile. Also, make sure that it complements your brand’s general aesthetic and messaging.
6. Add a Link In Bio to Drive Engagement
For most creators, an aesthetic Instagram bio will not be complete without a link in bio. However, Instagram only allows one link to be included in your profile. Link in bio tools like Lift.Bio is an efficient solution for this.
With link in bio tools, creators can put all your affiliate links on a single page. This way, you only have to use one link and can incorporate it better with your aesthetic IG bio. This link redirects your visitors to your Lift.Bio landing page where all your other links can be found.
Using a link in bio tool such as Lift.Bio, you can effortlessly make your link more attractive. It has tons of different themes you can apply with just a few clicks. Create your link hub and optimize your link in bio with Lift.Bio for a more aesthetic and organized Instagram bio.
Short Aesthetic Instagram Bios
The best aesthetic Instagram bios are ones that are short yet impactful to your audience. If you’re still stumped on how to make your Instagram bio aesthetic, here are some short aesthetic Instagram bios you can copy and modify:
- 💗 Mom of 3 💗 Entrepreneur 💗 Healthy living 🌱
- ➼A community of artists aiming to share their work and have fun ❤
- ღ 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐭𝐡 & 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞
- Coffee is my blood. I don’t care what anyone else says. ☕
- αℓωαуѕ ✈ ✩★ Island girlie 🌴🌺🏖️
- ♪ Music feeds my soul. ♫♬ ♪ Check out my new release below ⬇
- 💕 ⋆ 🎀 𝐼𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇 💍𝓌𝓃 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝓌🍑𝓇𝓁𝒹 🎀 ⋆ 💕
- 🤍🏵 Peace | Slow Living 🏵🤍
- 𝓯𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 🍩
- You define your own path. ♥ Giving up is not an option. ♥
- •• I didn’t come this far to only come this far.•• An entrepreneur with a never-giving-up attitude.
Other Tips on Making an Aesthetic Instagram Bio
Here are some other tips to check out as you follow our step-by-step guide on making your next aesthetic Instagram bio:
- Review niche-appropriate bios. Make sure that your aesthetic Instagram bio also conveys the right message that targets the visitors you want to attract.
- Always keep your bio updated. It’s important to always update your Instagram bio to reflect any changes in your brand or the promotions you linked before. Check the trends in your niche and make sure that your bio is relevant to your target audience.
- Customize the rest of your profile. While it’s nice to have an aesthetic Instagram bio, it wouldn’t be able to stand on its own. Without syncing it with your profile picture, story Highlights, and Instagram posts, your audience wouldn’t be able to remember and engage with your brand.
- Make your personality shine. Your audience is bombarded with tons of content every day. The best way to get their attention is to fearlessly show your personality and let your authenticity shine. Add humor, personal details, or catchphrases that can set your brand apart. Be informal and conversational when you can!
Creating an effective and aesthetic Instagram bio is crucial to building a strong presence on the platform. By following our simple steps on how to make an aesthetic Instagram bio, you can optimize your bio and stand out from your competitors.
Partnered with a highly customizable link in bio tool such as Lift.Bio, you can start experimenting with our aesthetic Instagram bio design ideas and see which one works best for you!