We often have to put a link in the caption of their posts on social media. While most platforms are convenient and allow external links to be placed in captions, Instagram, one of the top business and marketing platforms today, doesn’t.
An easy and quick remedy for this is the “link in bio,” technique, which lets users make use of the link field in their profile’s bio. In this article, we will tell you what the link in bio is, why you should use it, and how you can add it to your profile to grow your Instagram account.
Table of Contents:
- What Does “Link In Bio” Mean?
- Why Add a Link to Your Instagram Bio?
- How to Put A Link In Your Instagram Bio?
- How to Use The Instagram Link In Bio To Its Fullest?
- Make the Most Out of Your Instagram Bio with Lift.Bio!
What Does “Link In Bio” Mean?
The link in bio is a clickable URL placed in the bio section of Instagram user profiles. These URLs can be of anything, like a website, product page, or other social media accounts, and essentially redirect the Instagram page followers/visitors to these destinations.
When someone types “link in bio” in the caption of a post, they are referring to the clickable link in their bio, which is basically a call to action that promotes information outside the parameters of an Instagram account.
Why Add a Link to Your Instagram Bio?
Most social media platforms—like Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok—allow you to share clickable links in your post. However, Instagram has a different policy regarding links that can lead users away from their website or app.
You can add URLs to your Instagram post, but people won't be able to click and open them. Instead, they would have to manually copy the link, and paste in the address bar of a browser to open it. On Instagram, your bio is the only place where you can add a live link.
So, it makes sense that if you want to direct your Instagram followers to your content website, product page, or other social media accounts, a link in the bio is the best way to do that. In fact, according to research conducted by Parse.ly, a link in the bio increased Instagram referral traffic by 10 to 15%. Product websites are usually the ones that benefit the most from links in the bio.
How to Put A Link In Your Instagram Bio?
Users (with either business or personal accounts) can add a link in their bio using the Instagram mobile or web app. As the process is pretty much the same, it doesn’t matter which method you adopt.
How To Add A Link In Your Instagram Bio On The Mobile?
First, open your Instagram app, and log into the account to whose bio you want to add a link in. Once there, follow the steps below to insert a link in the Instagram bio with the mobile app:
- Head to your profile by tapping your mini-display picture on the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Edit Profile button.
- Add the URL to your website in the Website section.
- To save the changes you made, tap the Tick mark on the top-right corner of the screen.
How To Add A Link In Your Instagram Bio On The Web?
If you're using the Instagram web version, adding a link to your bio is similar to adding it on the mobile version. To do this:
- Log in to your Instagram account and click on your mini display picture on the top-right corner of your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select Profile to go to your profile page.
- Here, toward the right of your name, click the Edit Profile button.
- Now, in the Website section, add the link you want to show in your bio.
- To save your changes, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Submit.
How to Use The Instagram Link In Bio To Its Fullest?
Since the only place to put a live link is your Instagram bio, you should try to get the best out of it.
Here are some tips for using the Instagram link in bio to its fullest:
- If you have a product or content website add the link to your best product or content to get the people hooked up.
- You can also add a link to your about page to let people learn more about you and your website.
- Create hype about your products and content through posts and invite people to visit your website or social media account in the post's caption.
- Host giveaways of your product and offer sales to attract more customers.
- Use a “link in bio” tool that helps you link to multiple different sites/pages at once, to make it easier for your followers/visitors to find the links that matter.
Related reading: 10 Best Link in Bio Instagram Tools You Need to Try Right Now
Benefits Of Using Lift.Bio Tool In Your Instagram Bio
If you’re running a proper business on Instagram, and have multiple pages you want your followers/customers to visit, you cannot rely on the only live link the platform allows you to place on your profile. And this is where Lift.Bio comes into play.
Lift’s link in bio tool allows you to create a custom website with a custom link to show your followers all the places your followers can find and support you on. Using Lift’s easy, drag-and-drop design software, you can design the website to suit your brand.
You can arrange the links top to bottom on your custom site, and command where you want your followers to go. When you have more than one link to add to your Instagram bio, the Lift.Bio tool is the way to go.
Make the Most Out of Your Instagram Bio with Lift.Bio!
Link in bio is a great way to redirect people from Instagram to visit your websites, social media accounts, and landing pages. As it's the only clickable link you can have on your Instagram account, you have to use it wisely to get the most out of it. Lift.Bio helps you ensure just that.
- 10 Best Instagram Stories Apps for Creating Stunning Content
- What is an Influencer Media Kit and How to Create One
- How to Use Content Pillars for Your Social Media [with Examples]