We often have to put a link in the caption of their posts on social media. While most platforms are convenient and allow external links to be placed in captions, Instagram, one of the top business and marketing platforms today, doesn’t.
An easy and quick remedy for this is the “link in bio,” technique, which lets users make use of the link field in their profile’s bio. In this article, we will tell you what the link in bio is, why you should use it, and how you can add it to your profile to grow your Instagram account.
Table of Contents:
- What Does “Link In Bio” Mean?
- Why Add a Link to Your Instagram Bio?
- How to Put A Link In Your Instagram Bio?
- How to Use The Instagram Link In Bio To Its Fullest?
- Examples Of Inspiring Link In Bio Pages
What Does “Link In Bio” Mean?
The link in bio is a clickable URL placed in the bio section of Instagram user profiles. These URLs can be of anything, like a website, product page, or other social media accounts, and essentially redirect the Instagram page followers/visitors to these destinations.
When someone types “link in bio” in the caption of a post, they are referring to the clickable link in their bio, which is basically a call to action that promotes information outside the parameters of an Instagram account.
Why Add a Link to Your Instagram Bio?
Most social media platforms—like Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok—allow you to share clickable links in your post. However, Instagram has a different policy regarding links that can lead users away from their website or app.
You can add URLs to your Instagram post, but people won't be able to click and open them. Instead, they would have to manually copy the link, and paste in the address bar of a browser to open it. On Instagram, your bio is the only place where you can add a live link.
So, it makes sense that if you want to direct your Instagram followers to your content website, product page, or other social media accounts, a link in the bio is the best way to do that. In fact, according to research conducted by Parse.ly, a link in the bio increased Instagram referral traffic by 10 to 15%. Product websites are usually the ones that benefit the most from links in the bio.
How to Put A Link In Your Instagram Bio?
Users (with either business or personal accounts) can add a link in their bio using the Instagram mobile or web app. As the process is pretty much the same, it doesn’t matter which method you adopt.
How To Add A Link In Your Instagram Bio On The Mobile?
First, open your Instagram app, and log into the account to whose bio you want to add a link in. Once there, follow the steps below to insert a link in the Instagram bio with the mobile app:
- Head to your profile by tapping your mini-display picture on the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Edit Profile button.
- Add the URL to your website in the Website section.
- To save the changes you made, tap the Tick mark on the top-right corner of the screen.
How To Add A Link In Your Instagram Bio On The Web?
If you're using the Instagram web version, adding a link to your bio is similar to adding it on the mobile version. To do this:
- Log in to your Instagram account and click on your mini display picture on the top-right corner of your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select Profile to go to your profile page.
- Here, toward the right of your name, click the Edit Profile button.
- Now, in the Website section, add the link you want to show in your bio.
- To save your changes, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Submit.
How to Use The Instagram Link In Bio To Its Fullest?
Since the only place to put a live link is your Instagram bio, you should try to get the best out of it.
Here are some tips for using the Instagram link in bio to its fullest:
- If you have a product or content website add the link to your best product or content to get the people hooked up.
- You can also add a link to your about page to let people learn more about you and your website.
- Create hype about your products and content through posts and invite people to visit your website or social media account in the post's caption.
- Host giveaways of your product and offer sales to attract more customers.
- Use a “link in bio” tool that helps you link to multiple different sites/pages at once, to make it easier for your followers/visitors to find the links that matter.
Related reading: 10 Best Link in Bio Instagram Tools You Need to Try Right Now
Examples Of Inspiring Link In Bio Pages
For many social media users, the link in bio serves as an indispensable tool for directing their followers to their website, product page blog, or other social media. But with limited space in the Instagram bio and the desire to produce a strong first impression online, it might be a challenge to create alink in bio page one would instantly want to click. In this section, we'll explore some of the best link in bio examples created with the help of the Lift.Bio tool.
Link In Bio Examples: Life Coaching
Life coaches can use the link in bio tools for Instagram to promote their services by linking to their website or scheduling page. It’s also a great idea top include testimonials from satisfied clients to build trust and credibility. Additionally, share helpful tips, inspirational quotes, and other valuable content to showcase expertise and helps to attract new clients.
Examples Of Music Link In Bio Pages
Music creators can use the link in bio tools for Instagram to promote their new releases, upcoming shows, and merchandise. By including clickable links in their bio, they can drive traffic to their website or other online platforms where fans can purchase their music or merch. Additionally, they can use the link in bio to share behind-the-scenes content or teasers of their upcoming projects to keep fans engaged and interested.
Photography Link in Bio Examples
Photographers use the link in bio tools for Instagram to showcase their portfolio by linking to their websiteor online gallery. They can also use the link in bio to announce their availability for bookings, share special offers or even discounts, and promote their services for events like weddings or corporate photoshoots. Additionally, they can use the link in bio to share their latest work or behind-the-scenes glimpses into their creative process. Check out the link in bio example below:
Link in Bio Examples for Fashion
Online retail stores and fashion brands can use the link in bio tools for Instagram to promote their latest collections and products by linking to their online store or product pages. They can also use the link in bio to announce new arrivals, restocks, and sales to entice followers to make a purchase. Check out some of the fashion link in bio examples below:
Benefits Of Using Lift.Bio Tool In Your Instagram Bio
If you’re running a proper business on Instagram, and have multiple pages you want your followers/customers to visit, you cannot rely on the only live link the platform allows you to place on your profile. And this is where Lift.Bio comes into play.
Lift’s link in bio tool allows you to create a custom website with a custom link to show your followers all the places your followers can find and support you on. Using Lift’s easy, drag-and-drop design software, you can design the website to suit your brand.
You can arrange the links top to bottom on your custom site, and command where you want your followers to go. When you have more than one link to add to your Instagram bio, the Lift.Bio tool is the way to go.
Make the Most Out of Your Instagram Bio with Lift.Bio!
Link in bio is a great way to redirect people from Instagram to visit your websites, social media accounts, and landing pages. As it's the only clickable link you can have on your Instagram account, you have to use it wisely to get the most out of it. Lift.Bio helps you ensure just that.
How to Fix Instagram Bio Link Not Working
Here are a few tricks to help you fix your link in bio if it’s not working:
- Double-check the link you've added to your bio is correct and valid. Look for any typos or even errors. Sometimes we may overlook a tiny mistake in the URL.
- Remove special characters as if the link has any special characters (hashtags, for instance). This may be the reason for the bio link not working.
- Update the Instagram app. If you haven't updated it in a while, it's possible that a new update can fix the given bug.
- Clear cache and cookies. Go to your phone's settings > find the Instagram app > clear the cache and cookies.
- Last step: contact Instagram support. If nothing helps, contact the specialists to have the issue troubleshot.
How to Add More Than Just One Link in your Instagram Bio?
Currently, you can only add up to 5 links in your Instagram bio. However, an array of link in bio tools let you customize a website with as many links as you need.