Stuck on 200 views?
Get Lift and win more followers on Instagram. Create juicy content in no time. Say goodbye to mediocre posts and hello to viral content.
A crucial aspect of maximizing Reels’ potential is understanding the best time to post reels on Instagram. This isn’t just about randomly choosing a time. It’s about strategically selecting when your audience is most active and engaged. In this post, we'll explore this topic in depth to help you optimize your Instagram Reels strategy by selecting the best times to post IG reels.
The Best Times To Post Ig Reels in 2024
The best time to post Instagram Reels, according to some recent research are as follows:
- Monday: 6 AM, 10 AM, 10 PM
- Tuesday: 2 AM, 4 AM, 9 AM
- Wednesday: 7 AM, 8 AM, 11 PM
- Thursday: 9 AM, 12 AM, 7 PM
- Friday: 5 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM
- Saturday: 11 AM, 7 PM, 8 PM
- Sunday: 7 AM, 8 AM, 4 PM
The Best Time to Post on Instagram on Monday
The best time to post on Instagram on Mondays can vary based on your target audience, their habits, and geographical location. However, general trends offer a starting point for determining optimal posting times. Some common recommendations for Monday postings are:
Early Morning (6 AM - 8 AM EST): Many people check their phones first thing in the morning, making this a good time to catch early risers or individuals beginning their workday.
Lunch Break (11 AM - 1 PM EST): People often browse social media during their lunch break, making this another potentially effective time slot.
Evening (7 PM - 9 PM EST): Engagement tends to increase again in the evening as people unwind after their workday.
The Best Time to Post on Instagram on Tuesday
There are general trends that serve as a good starting point for determining the best time to post on Instagram on Tuesdays:
- Morning (6 AM - 8 AM EST): Many people check their social media after waking up. Posting in the early morning can catch those early risers or people scrolling through their feeds as they start their day.
- Lunch Break (11 AM - 1 PM EST): Lunchtime is often a peak period for Instagram activity. People tend to check their phones while taking a break from work or school.
- After Work (7 PM - 9 PM EST): Evenings are another high-engagement window on Instagram. People are more likely to engage with content as they relax at the end of the day.
Best Time To Post On Instagram EST
Based on various social media studies and analytics data, the following times are often recommended for users in EST:
- Weekdays (Monday to Friday): Generally, the best times are in the morning, around 6-9 AM EST, when people are starting their day, and in the evening, from 7-9 PM EST, when they are winding down. Lunch hours, around 12 PM - 1 PM, can also be effective, particularly on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Weekends: On Saturdays and Sundays, the patterns can shift. Posting in the late morning, around 9-11 AM EST, can be effective, as people often start their weekend days more leisurely. Engagement on weekends can be less predictable, so these times are more of a general guideline.
It's important to note that these are broad suggestions, and the optimal time to post Instagram reels varies based on your audience's specific behavior. For instance, early morning or evening posts might be more effective if your audience consists of young professionals. In contrast, if your audience includes college students, different times might work better.
7 Best Strategies To Help You Post Ig Reels Effectively
When diving into the specifics of the best time to post Instagram reels, it’s essential to understand the following 7 points:
1. Understand Your Audience
Different demographics have varying patterns of social media usage. Consider factors like the timezone most of your audience is in, their typical daily routines, and when they're likely to check Instagram. Reading about your audience preferences based on the generation is also a good starting point for this analysis.
2. Follow Industry Trends and General Guidelines
While personalized data is ideal, there are industry-wide trends that can serve as a general guide. Research shows that the best time to post reels on Instagram varies based on the day of the week. Generally, weekdays during lunch hours (11 AM to 1 PM) and evenings (7 PM to 9 PM) show higher engagement and are the best times to post IG reels. Weekends can be hit or miss, as people tend to have irregular routines. However, Sunday mornings have been noted as a surprisingly effective time to post.
3. Consider Your Content
The type of content you post can also influence the best time to share it. For example, motivational content might perform better in the mornings, while entertainment-focused posts could do better in the evenings.
Struggling to find the perfect reel templates?
Use Lift to create even more captivating reels.
Get access to an endless number of reel templates.
4. Research the Impact of Time Zones
If your audience is spread across different time zones, this adds another layer to the puzzle. In such cases, aim for a time that hits the overlap of peak activity in these various zones. For instance, if your audience is primarily in the EST and PST time zones, posting in the late afternoon EST might be ideal. Consider that when choosing the best time to post Instagram reels.
5. Test and Refine Your Strategy
Ultimately, the best time to post on Instagram reels may vary for different accounts. It’s important to experiment with posting at different times and then analyze the engagement data. Keep track of the performance of your Reels at different posting times and refine your strategy based on the results.
6. Use Instagram Insights
If you have a business or creator account on Instagram, you can access detailed insights about when your followers are most active.
7. Experiment and Analyze
Try posting at different times and days of the week and analyze the engagement (likes, comments, shares, etc.) to see what works best for your audience.
It’s a Wrap
Finding the best time to post reels on Instagram is a mix of understanding your audience, considering general social media trends, and a bit of experimentation. Utilize Instagram Insights to gather data, be mindful of time zones, and don’t be afraid to test different posting schedules. By tailoring your approach, you can increase your visibility and engagement on one of the platform's most dynamic features. Remember, consistency and content quality are as crucial as timing, so keep your focus on creating compelling Reels as well.