If you're new to TikTok, you might be wondering how to add your own music or sound to your videos. Or maybe you've been using the app for a while but you're not sure how to get started with making your sounds. Either way, we're here to help! In this blog post, we'll walk you through the basics of adding music and sound to TikTok videos.
If you're looking for an easy way to add music or sound to your TikTok videos, using a third-party video editing app is the way to go. Download the Lift: Story Maker app now and start adding music to your TikTok videos in minutes.
Table of contents:
- How to Add Music To Tiktok
- How To Add Your Own Sound to Tiktok
- How to Add Your Voice to a Sound on Tiktok
How to Add Music To Tiktok
Music is a big part of the TikTok experience, and there are a few different ways that you can add music to your videos. One way is to choose from the millions of songs available in TikTok's library.
This is how to add music to TikTok:
- Tap the "Add sound" button at the top of the screen when you're creating a new video.
- Browse the TikTok music library for your preferred song or user-generated sound.
- Once you've found a song you like, tap on it to add it to your video.
You can also use the search bar to find specific songs or artists. TikTok will show you results from both the licensed music library and user-generated content. Just keep in mind that some songs may only be available for use in certain countries.
Another way to add music to your TikTok videos is to have the song playing in the background while you film your video. To do this, just start playing the song on your phone or another device before you start recording your video. Then, when you're ready to start recording, just hit the record button and the song will be recorded along with your video.
How to Add Music to Only Part of TikTok Video
Sometimes you might want to add music to only part of your video. For example, you might want to have a section with no sound, or you might want to change the song midway through the video.
Here’s how to add music to only part of a TikTok video:
- Tap on the "Add sound" button and select the song you want to use.
- Tap the Adjust clips icon at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up a timeline of your video, with the song you selected below it.
- Drag the song forwards or backward on the timeline to line it up with the part of the video you want it to play over.
- Use the trim tool to cut out parts of the song that you don't want to use.
- Tap Save and your video will be created with the music you selected.
How to Add Your Own Sound To TikTok
TikTok doesn't support uploading your own audio files on iOS, but there is a workaround that you can use. How this works is you're going to have to record the sound manually (like a voiceover) after you've recorded your video.
Here’s how to add your own sound on TikTok:
- Record the video you want to add your sound to
- When you're done, select the "Audio editing" option from the edit menu
- Tap the "Record" option
- You can then record your sound directly into the app
Voila! That’s how you add your own sound to TikTok.
How to Add Sound to Only Part of a Tiktok
If what you want to add is a short sound bite or voice-over, you can do this by recording it into the app using the "Audio editing" tool.
The steps are similar to adding your own sound to the entire video:
- Record your video.
- Select the "Audio editing" option from the Edit menu.
- Tap on the "Record" button.
However, this time you'll want to record only the part of the video where you want the sound to play.
If this sounds a bit complicated or downright confusing, that's because it is. Thankfully, there's an easier way to add your own sounds to TikTok videos (more on this later).
How to Add Your Voice to a Sound on Tiktok
You can also add your voice to a sound on TikTok, which can be useful if you want to lip-sync or do a voice-over.
Here’s how to add custom sound to TikTok:
- Shoot the video that you want to add your voice to and add your preferred sound to it
- Select the "Audio editing" option from the edit menu and tap on the "Record" button
This will open up a new screen where you can record your voice. Make sure to start recording when the sound is playing, so that your voice is in sync with it. When you're done, tap on the "Stop" button and then "Save."
Your video will now have your voice added to the sound.
You can add sound to your TikTok videos in a few different ways, depending on where the audio is coming from. If you want to use music from your phone or another source, you can play the song while you're recording your video.
You can also record yourself speaking or singing and overlay that audio on top of your video. And finally, you can search for sounds within the app itself to add to your clip. No matter which method you choose, adding sound is a great way to make your TikToks more engaging and enjoyable for viewers. So give it a try next time you're creating a video.
How to Add Sound and Music to TikTok on PC or Mac
TikTok supports the upload of videos from your computer, but there's a catch: you can only upload already edited videos. This means that you'll have to add the music to your video before uploading it onto TikTok.
There are several video editing software programs that you can use to add music to your videos. Once you've added the music, save the video onto your computer and then upload it to TikTok.
Use Third-Party Video Editing App to Add Your Sound to TikTok Video
Lift: Story Maker is an easy-to-use video editor that lets you add music to your videos with just a few taps. It has a library of royalty-free songs that you can use, or you can upload your own. Lift: Story also has a wide range of highly customizable templates that you can use to create your videos.
You can experience Lift: Story Maker's features for yourself using its 3-day free trial. Simply download the app, select the template that you want to use, and then add your music. Once you're done, export your video and upload it to TikTok.