YTikTok has been the dominant short-form video-sharing app for a while now. To appeal to its millions of daily users, creators learned to use different video elements to produce creative content: voiceovers, trending sounds, and clear captions. In fact, just adding captions or text to TikTok videos increases impressions by 55.7%, according to TikTok.
Adding text to your video is one thing, but making attention-grabbing text will help you deliver a clearer message and call-to-action (CTA) to your audience. Tell your story by learning how to add text to your TikTok videos in our tutorial below.
Get the Lift app and win more followers. Create juicy content in no time .
Say goodbye to mediocre content!Jump to:
- How to Add Text on TikTok
- How to Edit the Text You’ve Added on TikTok
- How to Transform your TikTok Videos
How to Add Text on TikTok
Adding text for TikTok is an inclusive way to express yourself or your brand to new and existing viewers. Well-timed captions add to the value or entertainment of your video.
Here’s how to put text on TikTok videos and make it disappear using the following steps:
- First, create a new TikTok video draft by tapping the + button on your profile.
- Shoot your video or upload your clips. Then, tap Next.
- On the bottom part of the next page, you will see additional options to edit your video. Choose the Text option.
- After that, type in your text. You can also customize your text font and colors if you wish.
- Then, tap Done after your changes.
To put text on TikTok videos at different times:
- Next, tap the text you just created. Then, from the pop-up menu, choose Set duration. This will bring you to the TikTok video editor interface.
- To adjust when your text will show and disappear, use the left and right arrows of your text layer.
How To Edit Text You've Added On TikTok
How to Edit the Text You’ve Added on TikTok
TikTok gives you the freedom to tweak or style the text you added to your draft video. After knowing how to add text to TikTok videos, the next step is to understand how you can edit the text you’ve added, especially if you want to customize your text or amend a typo.
Here’s what you can do:
- First, tap on your text. This will show a popup menu. Then, choose Edit.
- Next, customize your caption text and its style, color, alignment, and background color to your liking.
- After all your changes, tap Done.
NOTE: You can always go back to every text component of your video to edit them using the same steps above.
Transform Your TikTok Videos
Sure, TikTok has a couple of dynamic templates and editing features you can use. But with millions of videos posted daily, you need a step up to stand out among the crowd and make your videos more entertaining and engaging.
Here’s what you can do to make your videos more engaging:
Use Third-Party Apps to Edit TikTok Videos like Lift: Reels & Story Maker
Good third-party video editing apps like Lift: Story Maker is an effective way to revamp your TikTok videos. It provides a lot of pro-looking templates you can readily and easily edit. Using this app would save you a lot of time and help produce much-needed content without the need for expert editors. If you have questions about the app, their official website also provides guides on how to put different text on TikTok.
You can edit your videos to fit different apps easily using Lift: Story Maker and repost them on Instagram as Reels or create IG stories. With Lift: Story Maker, you could produce more TikTok videos more efficiently, giving you the perfect tool to create scheduled content while maintaining great quality.
If you’re a brand trying to grow on multiple platforms, you can use their Link in Bio tool and Brand Kit feature, too. Upload a company logo, fonts, colors, and logo animations in Lift for your designs and edits to stay consistent with your business branding.
Here are some more benefits of getting yourself a third-party video or story editor like Lift: Reels & Story Maker:
- Low-budget, with most apps providing free trials
- With creative tools such as background removal, chroma key, picture-in-picture insertion
- Thousands of completely editable templates
- Customizable fonts, stickers, music, and animations
- Easy to use and beginner-friendly
You can start creating the best TikTok videos you’ve ever made by installing an editing app like Lift: Reels & Story Maker right now.
Other Tips for Engaging TikTok Videos
While there is no one certain formula to beat TikTok’s ever-changing algorithm, there are best practices you can apply to increase the visibility and engagement of your videos. Here are some of them:
- Choose your niche. Everyone tells you to pick one industry to focus on and make all your videos about that. The same rules apply to brands. You can review tech products, clothes, movies, and many more. You can also choose multiple niches as long as you deliver consistent videos that give your audience what they ask for.
- Tell a hooking story. TikTok only gives you a couple of seconds to get your audience’s attention and let it stay. Viral videos invoke emotions. They inform, intrigue, entertain or spark inspiration or other emotions in their audience.
- Post consistently. Consistency is a good thing to show TikTok that you’re an active account and more relevant to the algorithm. It might not give you the engagement you have instantly, but posting high-quality videos consistently will pay off soon enough.
- Include your audience. Your viewers want to be heard and interact with what they find interesting. Try starting a conversation by writing captions that ask a question or include a call to action. This way, your audience will be reminded to comment or share your video, upping your engagement.
- Check the “competition.” Especially when you’re just starting to grow your TikTok community, it is always a good thing to check out creators in similar niches. Take note of what’s working for them and what’s not. This way, you have a benchmark you can improve on.
All you need for a good TikTok video is a good phone with a video camera and the best video editing app like Lift: Story Maker. With the app, you’d have access to different ways how to add text to different clips on TikTok. By creatively adding in-video text, you can convey a different and more striking message to your viewers. Try it now!
Make your life easier by installing Lift: Story Maker today. Get access to a vast selection of free-to-use text templates to improve your TikTok reach.