Instagram Reels are an interesting feature that allows users of the platform to create unique video content. These videos are usually up to 90 seconds long and can be likened to TikTok videos. Since the introduction of these IG reels, the platform has constantly made improvements to the platform. Their aim is to offer users more, and eventually, it became a way for influencers to earn.
Are you wondering how to get paid for reels on Instagram? At some point, brand sponsorship was the only way to get paid for your video content on Instagram Reels. Now, influencers can earn money with Instagram Reels using the Play Bonus program. But they’ll need to create engaging video content. You can use Lift: Story Maker to create unique reels. You'll be invited to the program when you get the required number of plays. This piece will take a detailed look at the Reels Play Bonus program, how it works and how to earn money with it.
Table of contents:
- Reels Play Bonuses: General Information
- How Does The Reel Play Bonus Work?
- Instagram Reels Monetization Requirements
- How to Monetize Your Instagram Reels: Dos and Don’ts
- How to Get Paid for Reels on Instagram?
- How Much Can You Get Paid for Instagram Reels?
- Bonus Tip: How to Create Reels that Engage
Reels Play Bonuses: All You Need to Know
So, what is the Instagram Reels Bonus program? Simply put, the play bonus program is Instagram’s latest way to reward influencers for creativity. It’s a payout that creators receive depending on the performance of their reels—the number of views for a given period. According to Instagram’s developers, the bonus program was introduced to help influencers earn from their views without relying on any affiliate program.
When the Reels Play Bonus was introduced, only a few US influencers were allowed to participate in this program. Instagram plans to gradually invite creators from other parts of the world. Their long-term goal is to invest a billion dollars in creators.
The Instagram Reel Bonus program is more than a way to reward creators for their video content. It will also encourage the uploading of more reels and attract more users in the long run. Another popular social feature introduced to compensate certain creators is the YouTube Shorts Fund which is worth $100 million.
How Does The Reel Play Bonus Work?
Instagram will invite you to its bonus program depending on the number of views you get on your Reels content. To be invited to this program, creators must have generated up to a thousand views within a 30-day period.
After any creator is invited to the reels bonus play program, they’ll be able to earn from it for 30 days. The expiration date is usually displayed on the Bonuses tab in the app menu. Within these 30 days, you’ll be allowed to choose the Instagram reels that count toward the play bonus. The total amount of money you get will be based on the number of people that view those reels.
The amount you earn per view will vary depending on how long you spend in the program. The pay-per-view usually decreases towards the end of the 30-day period. The pay-per-play will also vary for different creators. For instance, a particular creator, Gabe Wells, needed 9.23 million plays to earn $8,500. Other creators may need more plays to earn the same amount.
Furthermore, pay-per-view will depend on how your videos perform over 30 days. Instagram will outline milestones for you. Even if you fail to hit these
Instagram Reels Monetization Requirements
When the Instagram Real Play Bonus Program was launched, it was only available for creators in the US, but the program has been extended to users in other parts of the world over the last year. However, only an exclusive list of influencers is still allowed to be a part of this program.
You’ll need to meet the following requirements to be invited to the Play Bonus. These requirements include:
- Have more than 1 million followers.
- Must use a business account.
- Must adhere to Instagram’s Partner Monetization Policies.
How to Monetize Instagram Reels: Dos and Don’ts
Now, the real question is how to monetize reels on Instagram. There are a few rules to help you earn from your reels.
- The first thing to do is to set up your bonuses on the platform. You’ll only be able to do this if you’re eligible for the program. Instagram will notify you to set up your bonuses as soon as you’re invited. As soon as you’re notified, visit the app to read the terms and conditions.
- The next step will be to confirm that you’re the legal owner of the business. You’ll need to prove your legitimacy by submitting legal and tax information. Next, you’ll need to add a payout method and view the bonuses you can earn. Choose the reel play bonus and activate. If you fail to add a payout method, you may lose your bonus after 5 months, or your earnings exceed $500. You’ll be counterfeiting your right to receive a bonus if you refuse to add a payment method after 5 months.
- When Instagram invites you to this program, you’ll have 30 days to accept. You’ll also have 30 days to grow your account and reach your bonus goals. You’ll earn a payout if your reels hit the milestone, but you’ll still need at least 1000 views.
- A reel will be disqualified from the Play Bonus if it’s branded content that’s supposed to be published as a Paid partnership or if it’s claimed by a rights holder. Finally, your reels will be disqualified from the Reels Bonus Program if you violate its policies three times.
How to Get Paid for Reels on Instagram?
If you wish to get reel play bonus payouts, you’ll need to add a payout method. Next, you’ll need to choose any reel on which you wish to receive bonus payments. For new reels, you’ll need to go to the bonus page and activate the reel play bonus. If you’ve already posted video content, you can include it as bonus reels within 24 hours.
Creators can visit the Bonus Settings and check how they are doing. Ensure you check the progress bar regularly to determine if you need to change your strategy. If you’re stuck and want to hit your target, you can reshape an old reel through your Story. You may also create a new reel.
How Much Can You Get Paid for Instagram Reels?
As mentioned earlier, your earnings depend on your videos' performance. There’s a minimum withdrawal threshold of $100. Instagram creates a custom experience and additional requirements for creators to reach their goals. However, there is a limit on how much you can earn with this program.
Bonus Tip: How to Create Reels that Engage
You'll need to create engaging video content to get the best from the Reels Play Bonus. But creating engaging reels is not an easy feat. Follow these tips to draw the attention of several viewers to your videos;
- Add value to your content. Avoid creating what someone else has done. Ensure that each of your reels is unique.
- Use trendy audio and music. Instagram will suggest a few popular audios for your posts.
- Post regularly. Don’t leave too long between your reels.
- Use Lift: Story Maker. Tools like Lift: Story Maker will make it easier to edit your videos and add effects to make them better. Applying them correctly can be your ace in the hole for engaging content.
- Join trends. Trends are a great way to get massive views. You’ll have an audience that’s ready to view your content.
The Instagram Reels Play Bonus is an interesting way for select creators to earn from the platform. While you can still earn from affiliate programs, this is another unique source of income. It’s also fair compensation for the quality of video content you produce. If you’re already a top creator, look out for guidelines on joining the bonus program.