After a few hours of making a post on social media, most people start to check out how many views or likes they got or who viewed their post. Social media platforms give you details about the views and likes, but the information related to who viewed your post is still limited to some extent.
If you want to see who viewed your post, story, and video on Instagram, read this article till the end. So let’s get started.
If you want to create amazing videos and posts that would get you more likes and views, you should try out the Lift Story Maker App. This app lets you edit your pictures and videos by adding text, music, unique filters, and effects that will amaze your followers.
How To See Who Viewed Your Instagram Story
Checking out who viewed your stories on Instagram is pretty easy.
Just follow these steps to do that:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap Your Story in the top left corner.
- Select Activity from the bottom left corner.
- Press the Eye Icon. (Here, you will see the list of people that have viewed your Instagram story).
If your story has expired, you can check out who has viewed it within 48 hours by following these steps:
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Press the Profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap the Three Horizontal Lines in the top right corner.
- Select Archive from the pop-up menu.
- Choose Archive Stories and press the Stories icon.
- Select the story whose views you want to see.
- Swipe up on the screen. (Here, you will see all the people that saw your story).
How To See Who Viewed Your Instagram Video Post
When it comes to Instagram videos, you can only see how many views, likes, and comments your video got and not the details of who viewed it.
To see the views on your Instagram video, you can follow these steps:
- Launch the Instagram App.
- Press the Profile icon on the bottom right corner.
- From your profile section, select the video for which you want to see the views.
- Tap Liked by.
- In the Likes Section, you will be able to see the people that have liked your post and how many times your video has been played.
If you have a business account, you will see the View Insight option instead of Liked by. Plus, you will also be able to view how many times the video was shared, the number of accounts reached, and what influence it had on the profile regarding visits and new followers.
Want more likes and views on your posts and videos? Well, for that, you would need to have more followers on your Instagram account. Check out this article on 15 Secrets to Instagram Growth Hacking to increase your followers.
How To See Who Viewed Your Instagram Post
Instagram doesn’t let you know who viewed your posts. However, you can see the list of people that liked and commented.
Here’s how to do that:
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Press the Profile icon at the bottom right corner.
- Now select the post for which you want to see the list of likes and comments.
- Tap Liked by. (Here, you will see the list of people that liked your post).
- Now press the back arrow from the top left corner to return to your post.
- Tap the Comment icon. (Here, you will see all the comments that you got on your post)
Speaking of Instagram posts, have you ever wanted to view someone's Instagram account but couldn’t because their account was private? Well, in that case, you can check out this article on 3 Ways to View Private Instagram Accounts.
Are there any Third-Party Apps We Can Use To See Who Viewed Our Videos, Posts, Or Stories On Instagram?
You cannot use third-party apps to see who viewed your videos, posts, and stories on Instagram. Though some apps make false claims that they work, don't be fooled by them.
Can I See How Many Times Someone Saw My Instagram Story?
You will be able to see who played your story but won't know how many times someone played it. This is because Instagram only generates the viewer list based on the people that viewed the story.
Why is Always The Same Person On The Top Viewers On My Instagram Story?
The order of the viewer's list is based on how your followers interact with your profile. Hence, the people that react to your postings the most appear at the top, while those who rarely interact with Instagram posts, videos, or stories appear at the bottom of the list.
Can Everyone On Instagram See My Story?
If you have a public account, everyone can view your story, whether they follow you or not. For a private account, only your followers will be able to see it. But, In case you have published a story with close friends, only those people will be able to see your story, which you have added to your close friend list.
Can Someone See That I Viewed Their Instagram Profile?
Instagram doesn’t allow users to know when someone visits their profile. The only time a person will know you visited their profile would be when you like or comment on their post.
Can Someone See My Story Without Me Knowing?
There is no official or unofficial way to anonymously see someone's story, whether their account is private or public. You can always check who viewed your stories, and the names of the viewers will appear there whether they follow you or not.