The Instagram algorithm is now favoring reels. When you open your Instagram app, you’ll likely stumble upon more reels than actual feed posts. That said, if you’re working on your brand or want to grow your Instagram following, posting reels is the way to go.
You shouldn’t leave it at that, though. It can sometimes take some effort to create a reel, and you’ll want to share it anywhere you can. Thankfully, Instagram lets you share reels with other users, your Instagram story, and even on other platforms like Facebook and WhatsApp.
Reels are ideal for discoverability, but nothing beats Instagram stories if you want to connect and engage with the audience you already have. That’s why if you post a reel, you shouldn’t forget to post it on your story too.
Don’t worry. Doing that is effortless, but if you want to ensure you only post the most eye-catching content, it’s better to get out of the Instagram app when creating reels.
There are now editing apps like Lift: Story Maker that can help you make the most beautiful reels that your audience wouldn't want to skip.
So, how do you create staggering reels? We’ll show you that and how to repost reels on the Instagram story, so you better keep scrolling!
Sharing Reels in Instagram Stories
Aside from how posting reels to your stories can improve your engagement with your followers, it’s also a great way to add more effects, texts, stickers, and even doodles as much as you’d like. The same goes for the others’ reels you’d like to share with your audience.
When it comes to how to share reels on the Instagram story without posting on your feed, it’s as easy as scrolling away on your social media feeds.
There are different ways to do this too, and it depends on whether you have your very own reel to share or you found someone else’s that’s worth sharing.
How to Share Someone’s Reel to Your Story
Found a reel on your Instagram feed that you think your audience will also be interested in watching?
Here’s how to share others’ reels on the Instagram story:
- First, launch the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Then, tap on the Reels Icon located in the middle bottom part of the app.
- Next, find a reel you’d like to share on your Instagram story and tap the Share Icon on the left part of the screen.
- Next, select Add reel to your story.
- The reel will show on your Instagram story editor. Make the edits you’d like and tap Your Story on the bottom left part of the screen.
Want to create your own reel that you can post to your Instagram stories too?
Follow these steps on how to share full reels on Instagram Story 2023:To get started, open the Instagram app and tap the Plus Icon on top of the screen. Then, tap on Reel.
Next, take a photo or video or open your phone’s gallery to select saved content on your mobile device.
After selecting photos and/or videos to add to your reel, make the necessary edits. You can add music by tapping on the Music Icon. Tap Done.
After that, tap Add to add more photos or clips.
Next, tap Preview to see a sneak peek of your reel. You can also add text, stickers, and GIFs and adjust the transition speed during this part.
Once done with the edits, click Next.
Write a caption or edit the reel cover. This is also when you can tag people and add hashtags to improve the visibility of your reel.
Next, tap Share to publish your Instagram Reel feed.
If the Reel is successfully published, open it, tap the Share Icon, and select Add reel to your story.
Edit your reel as if you’re posting an Instagram story, and tap Your story to share your post.
Make the Reel More Engaging in A Story
Posting reels is not just about creating a photo collage or editing video reels. That’s just vanilla, and viewers will probably not care about them. For every viewer who skips on your reel, that’s already a loss, especially if you’re trying to monetize your content.
Here are some things you can do to make your Instagram Reel look more interesting:
- Reels should be visually appealing and fun to listen to. Make an effort and find the time to edit your reel meticulously. Use stylish fonts, and add effects, stickers, GIFs, audio, or music when needed.
- Consider the reel’s length. Instagram allows you to post a reel for up to 60 seconds, but that doesn’t mean you need to max this out. The first three seconds are always crucial, as this is when viewers decide whether they’ll skip or watch your whole reel.
- Use editing apps. While Instagram has enough tools to let you add effects and music to your reel, it can still be very limiting if you want to get artsy. Apps like Lift: Story Maker is helpful in this situation.
Why Use Lift: Story App Maker?
Lift: Story Maker lets you edit your reels precisely the way you want to. On this app, you can add texts, effects, animations, GIFs, stickers, filters, audio, and multiple music to your reel.
Speaking of music, Lift has a royalty-free music library with all sorts of tunes to set the right mood for your reels and other content. You can also use your own music if you have it saved on your device.
Okay, so that sounds like it requires you to have sick editing skills, but not at all!
You don’t have to be an expert in video editing to produce high-quality content with Lift: Story Maker. There are attractive and fully customizable reel templates you can use so you have something ready in just a few minutes.
Lift is also not just handy for creating reels. You can also use this to edit Instagram posts, stories, and even TikTok videos. Don’t have a link in bio yet?
You should, and that’s something you can also set up with Lift.
We’re sure you’d love to know how this app works, so here’s how you can use Lift: Story App Maker to create stunning reels:
- Download the Lift: Story Maker app on the App Store. Launch the app and tap Allow so Lift can send you notifications or alerts.
- Select I’m a New User to create your own Lift: Story maker account, or I’ve already used Lift if you already have one.
- If you’re new to lift, you’ll answer a short quiz that could help you find the best templates based on your content style. Tap Next.
- Once done, tap Try Free and Subscribe to start using the app for free. You can subscribe to Lift Pro for more features later on.
- To start editing an Instagram Reel, tap Create from scratch and then Reel.
- Next, tap Media and select Allow Access to All Photos so you can add photos and clips from your device.
- After that, choose the photo/s or video/s you’d like to use on your Instagram Reel from your phone’s gallery.
- Use the editing tools below to add Texts, Music, Effects, Stickers, or Media to add more photos or clips to your Instagram Reel.
- After editing, tap the Eye Icon above to see a preview or the Export Icon to post your Instagram Reel. Select Export with animation. Otherwise, your reel will only be posted as an image
- Tap on the Instagram Icon to publish your reel or the Schedule Icon to set a date and time when you want to post your reel. Lift will notify you when it’s time to post your reel.
- When your reel is successfully posted, open it by going to your Instagram Reel feed. Tap the Share Icon and then Add to your story.
When sharing a reel as an Instagram story, you can go plain or express what you feel about the reel by adding texts, GIFs, stickers, or filters.
How to Post Reels on Instagram Story Without Posting on your Feed
To post reels on the Instagram story without posting on your feed, you need to disable the share-to-feed option. You can find this option just before you tap on the Share Icon when posting a reel using the Instagram app.
Why Can’t I Share Full Reels on Instagram Story?
You probably can’t share full reels on the Instagram story because your app isn’t updated. Instagram now allows users to post stories for up to 60 seconds. That’s how long reels can be. It’s surely a big change since, before this, you could only post short clips up to 15 seconds.