That’s why whenever you post any content online, especially a YouTube video, you shouldn’t skip sharing them on Instagram.
That said, it’s just right to grow your Instagram following, but you can also use this platform to bring your IG followers to your other social media accounts, like YouTube. We all know you can only post videos up to 90 seconds on IG, so how will you share your YouTube videos?
Well, you’re on the right page because we’ll show you how to share YouTube links on Instagram Story. This will be your ultimate guide on linking a Youtube video to an Instagram Story and creating the most exciting stories using the editing app Lift: Story Maker.
Download the Lift: Story Maker app here to create the most beautiful Instagram Stories with your YouTube link.
How to Add YouTube Link to Instagram Story
The easiest way to go about sharing your YouTube content on Instagram is by sharing the link to your Instagram story.
Here’s how to share a YouTube video on IG story by posting a link:
- First, open your YouTube video and tap the Share button.
- Next, select Copy Link. Don’t use the Instagram Icon because that will only let you send a link to other Instagram users.
- After that, open the Instagram App and tap the Plus Icon on top.
- Select Story and tap Create Mode or the Aa Icon.
- Next, tap on the sticker icon on the top of the editing screen to see the navigation menu.
- Choose the Link sticker with the Chain Icon.
- Then, paste the URL of your YouTube Video and tap Done.
- Your link will automatically be labeled YouTu.be on your story. Tap the link sticker if you want to change the text style.
- You can also change the link text if you want to. Just tap + Customize sticker text and type whatever you want before hitting the Done button.
- Use the other Instagram app tools to add text, stickers, effects, or GIFS to your IG Story.
You can also share a few seconds of your video and then add a sticker link so your followers can get a glimpse of what you posted on YouTube. Make sure the few seconds you show them are interesting enough for them to tap on your link.
How to Share YouTube Link on Instagram Story Like a Pro with Lift: Story Maker
So, now you already know how to put a YouTube video on IG Story by sharing a link.
That’s the simplest way to do it, but no one really cares about YouTube links if the Story itself isn’t interesting.
You need to make your IG story attention-grabbing, so your audience would feel like they’re missing out on a lot if they don’t tap on your link.
How do you do that? Here’s where editing apps for Instagram Stories come in handy. One of the best apps you can use is Lift: Story Maker.
The Lift: Story Maker app can help you create stunning Instagram Stories like a pro! No need to have editing skills because the tools on this editing app are extremely user-friendly.
The best part? You can do all the editing on your mobile phone.
Here’s how to post YouTube video on Instagram Story using the Lift: Story Maker app:
- To get started, launch your Lift: Story Maker app, then select Story.
- Choose a ready-to-use Story template that suits your branding. You can also use Create from scratch to start with a blank template.
- Edit your photo inside the template if you use one, or tap Media to add a photo to your Story. Scale your photo according to your preference.
- Use the Text tool to select from the beautiful font styles available. You can also add Effects to add some flair to your story and Stickers to make your post catchy. The Media icon lets you add more photos to your edit.
- You can also use the Music tool and select from Lift: Story Maker’s royalty-free music to make your Instagram story livelier.
- After editing, tap the Export button on the top of the screen.
- Next, select Export with animation. You can also use Export static if you didn’t use any animated effects on your edit. Export static will only post your Story as a photo.
- Then, tap the Instagram Icon to post your Story. If you want to schedule your post instead, tap the Schedule Icon. If you schedule your post, Lift will notify you once it’s time to do so.
- Allow Lift: Story Maker to access your Instagram app by tapping Open.
- After that, once on the Story editing screen on the Instagram App, tap the sticker icon.
- Use the Link Sticker tool and paste your YouTube video link. Next, customize your link text and tap Done.
- If you’re happy with your Story looks with the link sticker, tap Your Story on the bottom of the screen to publish your post.
While Instagram is still the most popular photo-sharing social media platform, it’s been announced that it’s already focusing on other key areas, including shopping, messaging, and video.
People are now more drawn to short-form videos. That’s why you should give your Stories and Reels Feed some attention instead of building an aesthetic Instagram main feed. This is especially now that Instagram’s algorithm is now favoring short clips.
It’s a good thing you know how to post a YouTube video to IG Story now. Use this feature to boost your account engagement and your internet presence, but make sure your Story is always appealing, so your followers won’t swipe away from your content.
How to Share Reels on Instagram Story in 2023