Aside from posting on your main Instagram feed, publishing IG reels is also a good way to help improve your profile’s visibility and engagement with your followers. It’s recommended to publish at least 5 to 7 reels a week to improve your Instagram engagement.
Up to 7 reels a week is not a lot, so you need to make sure that your IG reels are eye-catching and worth watching. Sounds like a lot of work, right? However, it doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of time editing pictures to post as Instagram Reels.
Thankfully, there are now photo and video editing apps like Lift: Story Maker that could help you create the most interesting IG reels in just a few minutes!
Want to know how to make a reel with multiple photos? Read on!
We’ll cover all that, including how to do it directly on the Instagram app here.
- How To Make A Reel With Photos Using Instagram App
- How To Make Reels On Instagram From Gallery Using Lift: Story Maker
How to Make a Reel With Photos Using Instagram App
You can always post reels directly from your Instagram App. Doing so lets you create reels with up to 40 photos and clips that you can edit.
The Instagram app lets you easily add texts, stickers, GIFs, audio, or music to your reel. You can also choose to speed up or slow down parts of the video or audio you selected for better effects.
Here’s how to make a reel on Instagram with photos from your gallery:
- To get started, open your Instagram app and tap the Plus Icon on your dashboard. Select Reel.
- Next, take a photo or open your phone’s Gallery with the blue Plus Sign at the bottom right part of your screen.
- Then, select a photo or video you’d like to use. You can tap on the Multiple Icon to select several photos or videos too.
- On the next screen, you can use the bar below to adjust the time duration you’d like a photo to appear.
- Add Audio or Music by tapping the Music Icon.
- After that, search for music and choose the part of music you’d like to include in your Reel. Tap Done.
- Then, tap Preview to see what your reel already looks like. This is also when you can edit your reel so you can add more text, music, stickers, filters, and effects.
- Tap Next to finish your reel with a caption. You can also edit your reel cover, choose to tag people, add topics, or add a location.
- Finally, tap Share to publish your Instagram Reel.
How to Make Reels on Instagram From Gallery Using Lift: Story Maker
While using the Instagram app itself to post reels can be handy, there are times that Instagram Reels is not working. That can be quite annoying, especially if you need to post a reel at a specific time.
You can always troubleshoot the app to fix this problem, but to avoid all that, you can try using apps like Lift: Story Maker. It’s a great app you can use to create collages that you can post as an Instagram Reel.
What’s great about Lift: Story Maker is that you can easily fully customize your content. Customization is a bit limiting on the Instagram app, so if you’re all about getting creative, go for Reel editing apps instead.
Lift: Story Maker has tons of customizable templates, including animated ones, to take your Instagram Reels to another level.
This app lets you add text in different fonts and colors that you can also animate. Want to express your mood with GIFs? This app also lets you add fun GIFs to your content.
If you want to add audio, you can browse through the app’s library to find royalty-free music based on categories, such as Happy, Calm, Summer, Travel, and Dreamy. You can also use your own music or audio if you have them saved on your device.
Here’s how to make reels with pictures using the Lift: Story maker app:
- First, download the Lift: Story Maker App from the Apple App Store, and launch the app after having it installed.
- Next, allow Lift: Story Maker to access pictures from your device.
- Select I’m a New User to Create a Lift Account.
- Then, click Next to take the short quiz and easily find templates that suit your branding.
- See how many templates you can use that match your brand and click Try free and subscribe.
- After that, tap Create from Scratch and select Reel.
- Tap Media and Allow Access to All Photos so you can choose photos or videos from your phone’s Gallery.
- Select a photo you’d like to use for your Instagram Reel.
- Next, tap the Text Icon to select the font style you’d like to use. Enter your text and add as many as you’d like.
- Then, tap Music to add royalty-free music from Lift’s Library.
- Tap REGENERATE if you want to try different music, or tap ADD to apply the already generated music to your Reel. Once added, the Music Icon should have a Red Dot so you know it was added to your Reel successfully.
13. Once you’re done with the edits, tap the Eye Icon to see a preview of your Reel.
14. If you’re happy with your Reel, tap the Export button at the top of your screen.
15. After that, select Export with animation and wait for the export to finish. Export Static will only allow your edit to be exported as an image.
16. Finally, choose Instagram to publish your edited Reel right away or the Schedule Icon to set a date and time when you need your Reel to be published.
How to Make a Reel with More Than 10 Photos
To make a reel with more than 10 photos, you’ll need to open your phone’s gallery when creating an Instagram Reel to select the photos you’d like to use. Tap the MULTIPLE ICON so you can select several images in one go.
Is it Possible to Add More Than 10 Photos to an Instagram Reel?
Yes, you can add more than 10 photos to an Instagram Reel. You can add as many as you’d like as long as it can fit within the reel length limit, which is 15 seconds. The most you can use if you want to give each photo enough exposure is 10.
Why Does Your IG Reel Skip Photos?
Your IG Reel might be skipping photos because of an app bug or glitch. While this is likely a temporary problem, you’ll either have to relaunch your app or do some basic troubleshooting. If you’re wondering how to create a reel with pictures without this trouble, you can use editing apps like Lift: Story Maker instead.
Lift: Story Maker lets you export stories, posts, and reels to your Instagram account. All you need to do is hit that share button. No need to use Instagram’s Reel editor so you can avoid having some of your photos skipped.